You Have the Rights – ONA Provides the Counsel
Speak to the LEAP Team first if:
- There is a complaint or report about your professional practice to your regulatory College
- The police or the coroner want to interview you regarding a patient death
- The police want to charge you with a criminal offence regarding a work related incident
- The Legal Expense Assistance Plan has been assisting ONA members for over 25 years
Call LEAP INTAKE at 416-964-8833 or 1-800-387-5580 and press 0 for the Toronto Office
After hours assistance is available regarding work related criminal and coroner’s investigations:
Call BOARD OF DIRECTORS INTAKE at 416-964-1979 or 1-877-839-6245, ext. 7775
You’ve Been Named in a Suit – ONA Has You Covered
Notify the Professional Liability Insurance Plan ASAP if:
- You have been named in a malpractice lawsuit
The Ontario Nurses’ Professional Liability Insurance Plan provides coverage to ONA members who have been named in Malpractice Lawsuits.
Advice is also available for members who are not named, but have questions or concerns regarding participation in a work related lawsuit.
Call STRATEGY INTAKE at 416-964-8833 or 1-800-387-5580, Press 0 and ask for Strategy Intake