Attendance Management Policy
- Staff RNs on several units are receiving Attendance Management letters when they meet the sick time thresholds.
- Keep accurate records of when you are off ill in your date book – save this book and your pay stubs. Record when ill, reason of illness, if you saw an MD, was it a new illness or due to a pre-existing condition.
- Was it a work related illness or injury? Report it immediately and fill in an incident form, see your MD.
- Keep a log for all WSIB &/or LTD events – note all relevant dates, doctor appointments, who you spoke to or received mail from and date when mail received
- Call the Site Rep ASAP if you have been denied LTD or WSIB to assist you in the grievance and appeal process